Summer concerts are one of my favorite activities – no matter where I am – because they combine two of my favorite things: food and music. Wherever you go, there is always an outdoor concert, where you can take a picnic and enjoy live music and I’m so excited for my first summer here in Colorado! I love being able to hear a live orchestra while having a picnic on the lawn – especially since you can count on one hand how many times you can enjoy food while listening to a live orchestra!
Music in the park – by Fireside Production
I also want to share one of my favorite, simple, no-bake summertime dessert recipes that will be a perfect addition to any 4th of July party or picnic in the park! Be sure to check out this list of summer outdoor concerts, including the Independence Eve Celebration Concert at Civic Center Park brought to you by Fireside Production Client, Civic Center Conservancy - featuring patriotic and pop favorites and a firework show!
Raspberry Tiramisu – (8-12 Servings) Ingredients:
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 (12-ounce) pound cakes cut into 3 slices lengthwise (or about 30 soft ladyfingers)
- 4 (1/2 dry pint) baskets of fresh raspberries
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form
- In another large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir ¼ of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture to lighten
- Fold the remaining whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture
- Line the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish (or other decorative serving dish) with half of the pound cake slices (or lady fingers).
- Spread half of the jam over the pound cake slices, then cover with half of the mascarpone mixture, then with half of the fresh raspberries
- Repeat the layering with the remaining pound cake slices, jam, mascarpone mixture, finishing with the fresh raspberries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar (optional) and enjoy!