By Caitlin Selby, Region Campaign Manager
“We are so proud and honored that Naomi Binkley has stepped forward as a Champion of Hope for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to run as a Woman of the Year candidate. Every dollar she raises makes a HUGE impact on the mission and in the lives of patients and their families. We thank her donors for every penny and dollar they are able to contribute to not only help her in the competition, but to help fight blood cancers.” – Caitlin Selby, Region Campaign Director.
What is Man & Woman of the Year?
Each year, in communities across the country, dynamic, passionate candidates engage in a spirited competition to earn The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s “Man & Woman of the Year” titles by raising funds for blood cancer research. The candidates compete in honor of children who are local blood cancer survivors, the Boy & Girl of the Year. Every dollar counts as one vote, and the titles are awarded to the man and woman with the most votes at the end of ten weeks. Man & Woman candidates are goal-oriented and compassionate. Their relentless efforts help us in pursuit of our goal: A world without blood cancer.
The funds raised through Man & Woman of the Year are used in many ways:
- LLS offers free blood cancer information, education and support.
- We help patients, survivors, families and healthcare professionals.
- We touch patients in their communities through our 61 chapters across the U.S. and Canada.
- We drive policies that accelerate the development and approval of new treatments.
- We advocate for blood cancer survivors and their families, helping patients navigate their cancer treatments and ensuring they have access to quality, affordable and coordinated care.
Who is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?
LLS is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Our Key Priorities will ensure that: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society helps blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.